Roasted Vegetable Minestrone
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
1 ea Zucchini, Washed and cut into bite-size pieces
1 ea Cauliflower, Washed and cut into bite-size florets
1 ea Eggplant, Peeled and cut into bite-size pieces
2 ea Carrots, Peeled and cut into bite-size pieces
1 ea Yellow Squash, Washed and cut into bite-size pieces
1 ea Red Onion, Cut into bite-size pieces
2 ea Whole Tomatoes, Washed and cut into bite-size pieces
1 cup Frozen Peas
6 ea Whole Garlic Cloves, Peeled
4 ea Garlic Cloves, Minced
6 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/3 cup Diced Prosciutto
2 ea Bay Leaves
1 tsp Dry Oregano
1 tsp Dry Basil
1 pinch Red Pepper Flakes
10 cups Chicken Broth
2 tbsp Tomato Paste
1 ea 15oz Can Chickpeas
1 bunch or bag Spinach
Salt and Pepper to Taste
Fresh Parsley, Chopped, For Garnish
Parmesan Cheese, Grated, For Garnish
Method of Preparation
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, combine vegetable with 4 tbsp oil.
3. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Roast in 2 pans for 45 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven and set aside.
6. In a large pot, combine 2 tbsp oil with prosciutto, diced garlic, oregano, basil, bay leaves, red pepper flakes and tomato paste.
7. Cook on high for 3 to 4 minutes.
8. Add the broth, roasted vegetables and chickpeas and bring to a boil.
9. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
10. Add spinach and Peas stir well.
11. Remove the bay leaves, adjust salt and pepper.
12. Serve with parsley and parmesan cheese on top.
Tastes of Italia Magazine, December 2010 Issue