Roasted Peppers Stuffed with Tuna
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
1 ea 6oz can Tuna in Olive Oil, Drained
3 ea Red Peppers
1 ea Celery Stalk, Diced
6 ea Kalamata Olives, Pitted and chopped
3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Plus extra for Garnish
2 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
2 tbsp Parsley, Chopped, Plus extra for Garnish
Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper, To Taste
Method of Preparation
1. Place the peppers under a hot broiler and turn occasionally until they are black and blistered all over.
2. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
3. When they are cool enough to handle, peel to remove skin and seeds from inside.
4. Slice the peppers lengthwise in half.
5. Place the tuna in a bowl and flake it with a fork.
6. Mix in the lemon juice, olive oil, parsley, celery and olives.
7. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
8. Spread the mixture in an even layer over the inside of the peppers and roll up lengthwise.
9. Place the peppers on a serving plate and refrigerate for at least one hour.
10. Before serving, drizzle the tops with olive oil and sprinkle with additional parsley.
Tastes of Italia Magazine, October 2009 Issue