Roasted Nectarines with Amaretti Cookies
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
4 ea Nectarines, Halved and Pitted
8 ea Amaretti Cookies, Crushed
8 ea Amarettie Cookies, Whole, For Garnish
8 oz Mascarpone
2 tsp Butter
1/4 cup Confectioners’ Sugar, Plus Extra
1 ea Egg
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
Method of Preparation
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Place the nectarines on a buttered baking sheet cut side up.
3. In a bowl, combine the egg, honey and crushed amaretti cookies.
4. Divide among the nectarines, spooning it into the hole where the pit used to be.
5. Place in the oven, and bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
6. In a bowl, combine the mascarpone, sugar and vanilla.
7. Spread onto 4 plates.
8. Remove the nectarines from the oven and place 2 halves on each plate.
9. Serve warm with the amaretti cookies dusted with confectioners’ sugar.
Italian Cooking and Living Magazine, September 2003 Issue