Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
6 ea Leeks, While and pale-green parts only, cut in half lengthwise
1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt, To Taste
Method of Preparation
1. Place a rimmed baking sheet in the oven and preheat it to 400 degrees F.
2. Rinse the leeks well and pat dry.
3. Toss them with the olive oil.
4. Season with salt to taste.
5. Arrange the leeks, cut side down, on the hot baking sheet and cover loosely with foil.
6. Reduce the heat of the oven to 300 degrees F.
7. Bake for about 1 and 1/2 hours, until the leeks are lightly browned and tender.
8. Uncover the leeks and turn them cut side up.
9. Increase the oven temperature to 400 degrees F.
10. Place the leeks back in the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes more.
11. Remove from the oven, cover and let cool before serving.
Bon Appetit Magazine, October 2014 Issue