Roasted Chicken with Herbs and Butter
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
1 ea Whole Chicken (3 ½ – 4 lbs)
3 ea Garlic Cloves, Minced
2 tbsp Sage, Chopped
2 tbsp Rosemary, Chopped
2 tbsp Parsley, Chopped
1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 tbsp Butter, Melted
2 tbsp Lemon Juice
1 ea Lemon, Cut into slices
Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
Method of Preparation
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Place a roasting rack in a roasting pan.
3. Combine garlic, rosemary, parsley, sage, butter, oil and lemon juice in a bowl and whisk together.
4. Place the lemon slices in the cavity of the chicken and place in the roasting pan.
5. Using your hands, rub the mixture on and under the skin.
6. Tuck the wing tips behind the back and tie the legs together with kitchen string.
7. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Roast the chicken for 30 minutes.
9. Remove and baste with accumulated juices.
10. Roast for another 20 minutes.
11. Chicken is done when the thickest part of the thigh is 165 degrees F.
12. Transfer chicken to a platter and allow to rest, covered loosely, for 10 minutes before serving.
Tastes of Italia Magazine, December 2010 Issue