Risotto with Shrimp, White Fish and Scallops
Most ingredients are available in the market!
2 cups Arborio Rice
1/2 lb Shrimp, Peeled and Deveined
1/2 lb White Fish, Diced
1/2 lb Scallops
3 tbsp Butter
1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 cup Dry White Wine
5 cups Water, Heated to almost boiling
1 cup Onion, Diced
Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper, To Taste
Method of Preparation
1. In a large skillet, combine butter, olive oil and onion over medium heat.
2. Cook for 4 minutes.
3. Add the rice, stir to coat well.
4. Add the wine and cook until liquid almost all evaporates.
5. Add 1 cup of water and cook until liquid almost all evaporates.
6. Repeat until you have only 1 cup left.
7. When you add it, also add the seafood.
8. Stir to mix well.
9. Add a little extra water if necessary until seafood is cooked through.
10. Season with salt and pepper.
11. Remove and garnish with chopped parsley and lemon wedges.
Tastes of Italia Magazine, October 2009 Issue