Risotto with Leftovers
Most ingredients are available in the market!
6 cups Chicken Stock
1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 cup Grilled Onion, Finely Chopped
2 cups Carnaroli Rice
1 cup Dry White Wine
1 cup Cooked Vegetables, Finely Chopped (Such as zucchini, eggplant, corn, bell peppers)
1/4 lb Brie, Chopped into Bits
Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper to Taste
Method of Preparation
1. Warm the olive oil in a large, heavy saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add the grilled onions and sauté for 5 to 6 minutes.
3. Bring the stock to a boil in a medium saucepan, then reduce the heat and keep at a bare simmer.
4. Melt 1 tbsp of the butter with the olive oil in a large, heavy saucepan over medium heat.
5. Add the onion and cook, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes.
6. Add the rice and cook, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes.
7. Make sure every grain is coated with butter and oil.
8. Add 1 cup of the stock and stir until the liquid is absorbed.
9. Continue adding stock, about 1/2 cup at a time, stirring frequently and making sure all the liquid is absorbed before adding more stock.
10. A few minutes before the end of cooking time, add the vegetables and brie.
11. Continue to add stock.
12. Cook until the rice is just tender and creamy, about 15 to 20 minutes.
13. You may have some leftover stock.
14. Remove the pan from the heat and add salt and pepper to taste.
15. Let the risotto rest for a minute or two before serving.
Tales of Risotto, Culinary Adventures from Villa d’Este by Jean Govoni Salvadore and Luciano Parolari