Risotto with Fresh Mushrooms
Most ingredients are available in the market!
3 tbsp Onion, Finely Chopped
3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tbsp Parsley, Chopped
1 tbsp Celery, Chopped
1 Garlic Clove, Peeled
10 oz Mushrooms, Sliced Thin
1 cup Milk
1 1/2 cups Arborio Rice
4 tbsp Heavy Cream
5 cups Hot Meat Broth
1 tbsp Butter
1 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano
Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Method of Preparation
1. In a casserole over medium-high heat, sauté the oil, onion and garlic.
2. Add the parsley, celery, salt and pepper.
3. Discard the garlic when it becomes a pale brown color.
4. After about 5 minutes, add the mushrooms and cook over low heat.
5. Stir frequently and add the milk, then the rice and cream.
6. Cook the rice by adding the hot meat broth a ladleful at a time.
The Cheeses of Italy, Ars Vivendi