Risotto with Four Cheeses
Most ingredients are available in the market!
6 cups Chicken Stock
1 tbsp Butter
1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 ea Red Onion, Finely Chopped
2 cups Carnaroli Rice
2 oz Taleggio Cheese
2 oz Fontina Cheese
1 oz Gorgonzola Cheese
2 tbsp Grated Parmesan Cheese
Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper to Taste
Method of Preparation
1. Bring the stock to a boil in a medium saucepan, then reduce the heat and keep at a bare simmer.
2. Melt the butter with the olive oil in a large, heavy saucepan over medium heat.
3. Add the onion and cook for 3 minutes.
4. Add the rice and cook, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes.
5. Make sure every grain is coated with butter and oil.
6. Add 1 cup of stock and stir until the liquid is absorbed.
7. Continue adding stock, about ½ a cup at a time, stirring frequently and making sure that all the liquid is absorbed before adding more stock.
8. Cook until the rice is just tender and cream, about 15 to 20 minutes.
9. You may have leftover stock.
10. Combine the four cheeses together in a bowl and add them to the risotto.
11. Remove the pan from the heat and add salt and pepper to taste.
12. Let the risotto rest for a minute or two and serve immediately.
Tales of Risotto, Culinary Adventures from Villa d’Este by Jean Govoni Salvadore and Luciano Parolari