Risotto Alla Pilota
Most ingredients are available in the market!
8 oz Arborio Rice
1 1/2 cups Yellow Onions
2 cups Chicken Stock
2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 tbsp High-Quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 tbsp Butter, Unsalted, Diced
5 to 6 oz Spicy Italian Sausage, Casings Removed
1 cup Italian Salami, Small Dice (Such as sopressata, finocchiona or pepperoni)
6 to 8 ea Sage Leaves, Torn into Small Pieces
1/4 cup Pecorino Romano Cheese, Grated
1/4 cup Flat-Leaf Parsley, Chopped
Method of Preparation
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
2. Boil the rice for 7 minutes.
3. Drain the rice and spread it out onto a baking sheet to cool.
4. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil, onions and sage in a large sauté pan over medium high heat.
5. Season with salt.
6. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions start to caramelize, about 5 minutes.
7. Add the sausage.
8. Cook for 3 minutes while breaking into small pieces.
9. Add the salami and sauté for 3 minutes more.
10. Add the rice and let cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
11. Add the chicken stock and simmer until almost all of the moisture has evaporated.
12. Taste the rice.
13. If it is not thoroughly cooked, add more stock.
14. The rice is ready when it is cooked through and there is very little moisture in the pan.
15. The mixture will look like fried rice.
16. Add the cheese, butter, parsley and high-quality olive oil.
17. Serve immediately.
Mosaic Magazine, Morgan Stanley