Rigatoni with Sausage and Broccoli Rabe
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 lb Sausage, Cooked and cut into slices
1 lb Broccoli Rabe, Large stems removed
1 lb Rigatoni Pasta
2 ea Garlic Cloves, Sliced Thin
1 tsp Salt
4 oz Parmigiano-Reggiano, Grated
Method of Preparation
1. Pour the oil into a large skillet, add the garlic and sauté over low heat for 4 minutes.
2. Add the sausage slices, brown and then remove from the heat.
3. In a large pot, bring water to a boil.
4. Add the salt and broccoli rabe.
5. Cover and cook until the broccoli rabe is tender.
6. Drain, preserving 1 cup of the cooking water.
7. Put the broccoli rabe in the skillet with the sausage and briefly sauté the mixture.
8. In the meantime, bring another pot of water to a poil.
9. Add salt and cook the rigatoni for 10 to 12 minutes.
10. When cooked, drain the pasta.
11. Add the pasta to the sausage and broccoli rabe mixture.
12. Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes to help ingredients combine well.
13. Add the grated Parmigiano.
14. Serve warm and garnished with additional grated Parmigiano.
Tastes of Italia Magazine, April 2010 Issue