Rigatoni with Radicchio, Gorgonzola and Walnuts
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
1 lb Dry Rigatoni Noodles
1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 ea Radicchio Heads, Cored, Cut crosswise into 1in thick ribbons
1/3 cup Onion, Finely Chopped
3/4 cup Walnut Pieces
6 oz Gorgonzola, Cut into small pieces
3 tbsp Parsley, Finely Chopped
Fine Sea Salt
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Method of Preparation
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook until al dente.
- Reserving 1 cup of pasta water, drain pasta (do not rinse) and set aside.
- Wipe pot dry.
- Add oil to the pot, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add radicchio and onion.
- Cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
- Add ½ cup of pasta cook liquid and then the walnuts.
- Cook until most of the liquid evaporates, 5 minutes.
- Add pasta, remaining ½ cup of pasta water, 1/4tsp of salt and a generous pinch of pepper.
- Toss to combine.
- Remove pan from heat, add cheese and parsley.
- Gently stir until cheese is mostly melted.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Serve immediately.
La Cucina Italiana Magazine, November 2013 Issue