Rigatoni with Eggplant, Mushrooms and Goat Cheese
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
16 oz Dried Rigatoni Noodles
3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
8 oz Fresh Mushrooms or Black Morels
1 ea Eggplant, Cut into 1/2inch cubes, lightly salted and set aside for 20 minutes
3 oz Chicken Broth
15 Kalamata Olives, Pitted and Chopped
1 cup Del Amore Sweet Basil Sauce
1 tsp Dried Thyme
8 oz Goat Cheese, Cut into large chunks
1 1/2 tsp Salt
Method of Preparation
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
2. Cook the pasta for 8 to 10 minutes, drain and set aside.
3. In a large saucepan, over medium-low heat, heat the olive oil.
4. Sauté the onion for 5 minutes.
5. Increase the heat to medium high and stir in the mushrooms.
6. Cook for 5 additional minutes.
7. Stir in the eggplant and, again, cook for 5 minutes.
8. Add the chicken broth, olives and sweet basil sauce.
9. Season with salt and thyme.
10. Bring to a boil.
11. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
12. Toss with pasta and goat cheese.
13. Serve immediately.
Tastes of Italia Magazine, April 2010 Issue