Ricotta Cheesecake with Pear and Grappa Sauce
4 hours inactive time
1 (9×13) cake
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
For the Cake
3 lbs Ricotta Cheese (Sopprafina)
8 ea Eggs
2 cups Granulated Sugar
1 ea Lemon, Juiced
1 1/2 tbsp Cinnamon, Plus more for dusting
For the Sauce
4 ea Pears, Firm-Ripe, Peeled, Cored and cut into 1/4in cubes
1/2 cup Packed Light Brown Sugar
1/4 cup Grappa
1 ea (3in stick) Cinnamon Stick
1/8 tsp Fine Sea Salt
Method of Preparation
1. For the Cake: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease a 9x13in baking dish with butter.
3. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk, combine cheese, eggs, sugar and lemon juice.
4. Beat together batter, starting on low speed and gradually increasing to medium, until smooth, about 1 minute.
5. Pour batter into prepared baking dish.
6. Place cinnamon in fine sieve, evenly dust over batter.
7. Bake until cake is set and edges are lightly golden, about 1 hour.
8. Let cool completely on wire rack and then chill at least 4 hours or up to 1 day.
9. For the Sauce: In a medium saucepan, combine pears, sugar, grappa, cinnamon stick and salt.
10. Bring to a boil, stirring once or twice, then reduce to a simmer.
11. Cook until fruit is tender, about 15 minutes.
12. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
13. Remove cinnamon stick and discard.
14. Serve cake with sauce on top and dusted with cinnamon.
La Cucina Italiana Magazine, April 2012 Issue