Rice with Peas and Pancetta
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4 cups Chicken Stock, Plus Extra
3 oz Pancetta, Diced
1 ea Onion, Diced
1 lb Peas, Frozen
1 3/4 cups Arbrio Rice
2 tbsp Butter
2 tbsp Parmigiano-Reggiano, Grated
2 tbsp Parsley, Chopped
Method of Preparation
1. In a large, heavy-bottomed pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
2. Add the onion and pancetta.
3. Sauté for 4 minutes.
4. Add the rice and the chicken stock and bring to a boil.
5. Lower the heat and cook for 12 to 15 minutes.
6. Add the peas halfway through cooking the rice.
7. If the rice gets too dry before tender, add more stock.
8. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
9. Add butter and parmigiana.
10. Stir well.
11. Garnish with parsley when serving.
Italian Cooking and Living Magazine, February 2004 Issue