Most ingredients are available in the market!
6 ea Ripe Tomatoes
1/2 cup Uncooked Carnaroli rice
1 tbsp Fresh Oregano Leaves
1 tsp Marjoram Leaves
1 tsp Flat-Leaf Parsley, Chopped
1 tbsp Fresh Basil, Chopped
1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Method of Preparation
1. Cut a slice from the top of each tomato to make a cap.
2. Carefully hollow out the tomatoes and strain the flesh into a bowl.
3. Add the rice, herbs, olive oil, and enough salt and pepper to taste and let stand for about 30 minutes to blend the flavors.
4. Sprinkle the inside of the tomatoes with salt and turn them upside down to drain out their moisture.
5. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
6. Drain the rice and fill the tomatoes with the rice mixture, reserving the tomato liquid.
7. Replace the caps and arrange the stuffed tomatoes in an oiled baking dish.
8. Bake for two hours, adding tomato liquid to the pan as needed.
The Cheeses of Italy, Ars Vivendi