Red Onion and Pecorino Cheese Bucatini
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market
1 lb Bucatini
2 1/2 oz Pecorino Romano Genuino Cheese, Finely Grated
2 1/2 oz Pecorino Fiore Sardo Cheese, Finely Grated
7 ea Flat Anchovy Fillets
3/4 lb Red Onions, Thinly Sliced
2/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 cup White Wine Vinegar
1/4 cup Flat-Leaf Parsley, Finely Chopped
Fine Sea Salt
Coarse Sea Salt
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Method of Preparation
1. In a large skillet with a lid, combine onions, 2/3 cup water, oil, vinegar and 1/2 tsp of fine sea salt, bring liquid to a simmer over medium heat and cook for 7 minutes.
2. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 25 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
4. Cook the pasta in the boiling water until al dente.
5. Meanwhile, in a bowl, stir together cheeses and 3/4 cup of water, set aside.
6. Add the anchovies to the sauce and cook, uncovered for 2 to 3 minutes.
7. Stir in the parsley and remove from heat.
8. Drain the pasta and then return to the pot.
9. Immediately add sauce, cook over high heat for 2 minutes.
10. Add the cheese mixture, reduce heat to medium and cook for 2 minutes.
11. Serve immediately sprinkled with coarse sea salt and pepper.
Disclaimer: La Cucina Italiana Magazine, www.lacucinaitalianamag.com March/April 2013 Issue