Radicchio and Grana Filled Puff Pastry Shells
Serves 12 Shells
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
2 ea Radicchio Heads
12 ea Puff Pastry Shells, Frozen
3 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 cup Grana Padano, Grated, Plus extra for Garnish
Juice of 1 Lemon
Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper, To Taste
Method of Preparation
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Wash the radicchio heads and cut them in half.
3. Remove the core and thinly slice the radicchio.
4. In a large skillet over medium-low heat, combine the vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil and radicchio.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Cook for 3 minutes.
7. Remove from the heat.
8. Stir in the Grana Padano and set aside to cool.
9. Fill each puff pastry shell with the radicchio mixture.
10. Arrange on a packing sheet.
11. Place in the oven and bake until the shells are golden.
12. Remove and serve topped with Grana shavings.
Italian Cooking and Living Magazine, February 3, 2014 Issue