Quick Broccoli-Fontina Focaccia
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
1 lb Broccoli, Cut into Florets
1 lb Puff Pastry, Frozen
2 tbsp Butter
1 ea Egg Yolk, Beaten
1/2 cup Cherry Tomatoes, Halved
2 oz Grana Padano
6 oz Fontina, Thinly Sliced
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Method of Preparation
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter.
3. Add the broccoli, season with salt and pepper and sauté for 4 minutes.
4. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
5. Place the puff pastry on an oiled baking sheet and brush with the egg yolk.
6. Grate the grana onto the dough and season with salt and pepper.
7. Arrange the broccoli and cherry tomatoes over the dough.
8. Top with the fontina slices.
9. Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
10. Bread should be golden brown and cheese melted.
Italian Cooking and Living Magazine, January 2014 Issue