Pureed Lentil Soup
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
2 ea Bacon Slices, Center Cut, Cut into matchstick strips
1 ea Carrot, Peeled, Finely Diced
2 ea Shallots, Finely Diced
2 ea Garlic Cloves, Peeled and Crushed
1 ea Celery Stalk, Finely Diced
5 ea Thyme Sprigs
1 1/2 cups Dried Lentils, Picked over and rinsed
7 1/2 cups Low-Sodium Vegetable Stock
3/4 cup White Wine
Flat-Leaf Parsley, Chopped, For Garnish
Method of Preparation
1. Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
2. Add bacon slices and sauté for 4-5 minutes.
3. Add carrots, shallots, crushed garlic and celery.
4. Sauté for an additional 5 minutes.
5. Add the lentils, fresh thyme and vegetable stock.
6. Stir well and bring to a boil.
7. Cover the soup, lower the heat to simmer, cover and cook for 35-45 minutes.
8. Season with salt and fresh ground pepper.
9. Add the wine.
10. Remove the thyme and garlic with a slotted spoon.
11. Simmer for 1-2 minutes.
12. Transfer soup to a food processor, or use an immersion blender, and puree for 1 minute.
13. Spoon into bowls and garnish with fresh flat-leaf parsley.