Provolone Ham Tarts
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
14 oz Frozen Pastry Dough
6 ea Provolone Tipico Sweet Slices (approx.11oz)
6 ea Boiled Ham Slices (approx.5oz)
1 ea Egg
Method of Preparation
1. Defrost the dough.
2. Remove rind from provolone.
3. Butter and flour a baking pan.
4. In a bowl, beat the egg.
5. When dough is defrosted, roll out and cut into 12 squares.
6. Place 6 squares on the bottom of the pan and baste the edges of the dough with the beaten egg.
7. Layer the square with a slice of ham and a slice or provolone.
8. Make sure not to overlap the edges coated with egg.
9. Cover the squares with the 6 remaining pieces of dough and pinch the edges closed.
10. Baste the tops of the dough with the remaining egg and let stand for about 10 minutes.
11. Bake for 12 minutes at 375 degrees F.
12. Serve immediately.
The Cheeses of Italy, Ars Vivendie