Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
1/2 ea Loaf of Italian Bread
1 1/2 oz Butter, Unsalted, Softened
1/2 tsp Spicy Mustard
1 1/2 oz Genoa Salami, Sliced Thin
1 1/2 oz Provolone Cheese, Sliced Thin
Pickled Gherkins, Sliced thin to the base, then fanned
Several small lettuce leaves, rinsed and pat dry
Method of Preparation
1. Warm the bread in the oven and then slice.
2. Mix the butter with mustard and spread on slices of bread.
3. Place a small piece of lettuce on top of each.
4. Roll the salami up and place two roll ups on top of the lettuce on each slice of bread.
5. Place a slice of provolone on top of each salami roll.
6. Garnish with the fan-shaped pickled gerkins.
The Cheeses of Italy, Ars Vivendi