Prosciutto, Watercress and Fontina Toasties
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
8 ea Pullman Bread Slices, 1/2inch thick
8 ea Prosciutto Slices, 3oz, Sliced Thin
8 oz Fontina Cheese, Sliced Thin
3/4 cup Watercress, Trimmed and Chipped
1/4 cup Butter, Unsalted, Room Temperature
Method of Preparation
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Bake the prosciutto on a parchment-lined baking sheet for 6-8 minutes.
3. Let cool.
4. Top 4 slices of bread with half of the cheese, the prosciutto (breaking it to fit), watercress, then the reaming cheese and bread.
5. Butter the tops.
6. Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
7. Working in 2 batches; cook the sandwiched, butter side down, pressing firmly for 4 minutes.
8. Butter the tops, flip and cook for 4 minutes more.
9. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool slightly.
10. Remove the crusts and cut each sandwich into 4 triangles.
Bon Appetit Magazine, October 2014 Issue