Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
1 cup Water
1 1/2 oz Butter, Unsalted
5 oz All-Purpose Flour
4 ea Eggs
5 oz Prosciutto, Cubed
2 oz Pecorino Siciliano, Cubed
2 oz Grana Padano, Cubed
1 cup Thick Tomato Sauce
Oil (Peanut or Sunflower)
Method of Preparation
- Bring water to a boil and add butter.
- While stirring continuously, add the flour and cook until it rises from the bottom of the pot.
- Mix in with the eggs.
- Mix in the cheese and prosciutto.
- Heat the oil to 375 degrees F.
- Using a rounded tbsp., drop spoonful’s of the dough into the oil.
- Fry until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and serve immediately with warmed tomato sauce.
The Cheeses of Italy, Ars Vivendi