Pork Chops Agrodolce
All ingredients are available in the market!
- 4 ea Bone-In 1lb Pork Chops
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1/2 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp Thyme, Minced
- 1/2 cup Chicken Broth
- 2 tbsp Butter, Unsalted
- Salt and Pepper, To Taste
Method of Preparation
1. Season pork chops with salt and pepper.
2. Warm the oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
3. Add chops, cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
4. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
5. Reduce heat to medium; add honey, vinegar and thyme.
6. Cook until liquid is thickened and reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
7. Pour in chicken broth and bring to a simmer.
8. Return pork chops to pan, cover and cook for 3-4 minutes.
9. Uncover, cook for an additional 15 minutes while frequently turning the chops over and basting them.
10. Transfer chops to a plate and tent with foil.
11. Increase heat to medium-high and simmer sauce for an additional 3-4 minutes.
12. Remove from heat and stir in butter.
13. Season with salt and pepper.
14. Drizzle sauce over chops.