Polenta with Fresh Mushrooms
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
4 cups of water
1 cup Polenta
1 tsp plus 1/2 tsp Salt, Divided
1/4 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
5 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Divided
2 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice, Divided
3 ea Garlic Cloves
1 cup Italian Parsley, Chopped
2 lbs Fresh Mushrooms (1/3 whole, 1/3 halved, 1/3 quartered)
1/4 cup Red Onion, Diced
2 ea Roma Tomatoes, Diced
Method of Preparation
1. Combine the water and 1 tsp salt in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
2. Slowly add the polenta, whisking until smooth.
3. Reduce the heat to a simmer.
4. Cook for 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
5. Pour onto a large platter and let cool.
6. Meanwhile, dice 1 garlic clove.
7. Combine it with the parsley and 1 tbsp of lemon juice, set aside.
8. Dice the remaining garlic cloves and place in a large bowl with 4 tbsp olive oil.
9. Add the remaining 1/2 tsp salt, mushrooms, onions and tomatoes.
10. Toss to coat.
11. Add in half of the parsley mixture and toss again.
12. Heat the remaining 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large skillet over high heat.
13. Add the mushroom mixture and cook on medium-high heat for 7 to 8 minutes.
14. Remove and add back to the large bowl.
15. Add the rest of the parsley mixture and the remaining 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
16. Season with black pepper.
17. Toss well and spoon over the polenta.
18. Enjoy warm!
Tastes of Italia Magazine, February 2016 Issue