Polenta Soup with Spinach
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
1/2 cup Polenta
8 cups Chicken Broth
2 tbsp Onion, Minced
1 ea Garlic Clove, Minced
1 ea Large Bunch of Spinach, Washed well, Ends trimmed and Chopped
Salt and Pepper, To taste
Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
Method of Preparation
1. Combine chicken broth, polenta, garlic and onions in a medium pot.
2. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer.
3. Cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add spinach, salt and pepper.
5. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes until spinach wilts.
6. Remove and serve with a drizzle of olive oil and freshly grated cheese.
Tastes of Italia Magazine, April 2010 Issue