Poached Egg Soup
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
5 1/2 cups Beef Broth
4 ea Slices of White Bread
1 1/2 oz Butter for Frying
4 ea Eggs
6 tbsp Parmigiano-Reggiano, Grated
Method of Preparation
- In a buttered pan, fry slices of white bread until golden brown, leaving the interior soft.
- Drain the bread on paper towels.
- Place slice of bread in 4 deep soup bowls.
- Carefully slide one raw egg onto each slices of bread.
- Salt lightly and season with grated cheese.
- Heat the broth and pour over the eggs.
- The eggs must solidify but not become slippery or it destroys the appetizing appearance of the soup.
The Cheeses of Italy, Ars Vivendi