Pizzoccheri with Broccoli and Potatoes
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
9 tbsp Butter, Unsalted
2 ea Garlic Cloves, Peeled and lightly smashed
4 ea Sage Leaves
1 tsp Rosemary, Roughly Chopped
1 lb Pizzoccheri
3 ea Red-Skinned Potatoes, Peeled and cut into 3/4inch pieces
3 cups Broccoli Florets
1 cup Grana Padano, Grated
Coarse Sea Salt
Method of Preparation
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
2. In a small sauce pan, heat butter, garlic, sage, rosemary and a generous pinch of salt over low heat.
3. Stir occasionally to prevent butter from browning.
4. Add the pasta, potatoes and broccoli to the boiling water.
5. Cook for 12-15 minutes.
6. Reserve 1/2 a cup of cooking liquid and then drain the pasta and vegetables.
7. Place the pasta and vegetables in a large serving bowl.
8. Remove the garlic from butter and pour the butter over the pasta.
9. Toss quickly.
10. Add the cheese and toss to combine.
11. If desired, add the reserved pasta water.
12. Season with salt.
13. Serve immediately.
La Cucina Italiana Magazine, November 2013 Issue