Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
8 1/2 oz Fontina
1/2 cup Milk
3 ea Egg Yolks
1 oz Butter
4 slices White Bread
1 ea White Alba Truffle (Optional)
Pinch of White Pepper
Method of Preparation
1. Cut cheese into small cubes and place them in a small bowl covered with milk.
2. Refrigerate for several hours.
3. Place the bowl of cheese over a double-broiler and melt the cheese, without boiling the water.
4. Melt the butter in a pan and add the egg yolks, stirring continuously.
5. Add egg yolk and butter to melted cheese mixture.
6. Sprinkle with pepper.
7. When mixture is creamy, pour into 4 pre-heated bowls.
8. Garnish with triangles of toasted white bread.
9. Top with paper-thin shavings of truffle.
The Cheeses of Italy, Ars Vivendi