Perfectly Roasted Garlic
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
4 ea Whole Garlic Bulbs
1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Pinch of Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Method of Preparation
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cut off the tops of the garlic bulbs.
3. Place them in a baking dish, unpeeled.
4. Drizzle the olive oil over the tops.
5. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
6. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
7. Remove the foil and bake an additional 15 minutes.
8. Remove from the oven, let cool slightly, then squeeze the bottom of the head of garlic to extract the roasted garlic cloves.
Tastes of Italia, Winter in Lombardy, January/February 2016 Issue