All ingredients are available in the market!
4 oz Antonio’s Belgium Dark Chocolate Callets (53.1% Cocoa)
2 ea Sticks of Butter, Unsalted
3 ea Eggs
2 cups Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 tsp Peppermint Extract
1/4 tsp Salt
1 cup Flour
10 Dark Chocolate with White Mint Filling Squares (We recommend using Ghirardelli Squares)
4 ea Small Candy Canes, Crushed
Method of Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Spray a 9in square baking dish with nonstick spray and dust with flour.
3. In a double boiler over hot water, melt Belgium chocolate and butter.
4. Cool to room temperature.
5. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, vanilla, peppermint extract and salt until combined.
6. Beat in chocolate mixture and gently stir in the flour.
7. Pour batter into prepared pan.
8. Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
9. Arrange mint squares on top in one layer, place brownies back into the oven for 1 minute.
10. Spread melted mint squares with a spatula to “frost” the brownies evenly.
11. While still warm, sprinkle with crushed candy canes.
12. Cool completely and cut into 16 squares.
adapted from www.ghirardelli.com ‘s Ghirardelli Peppermint Brownie Recipe