Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
1 ea Garlic Clove
1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 tbsp Bread Crumbs
6 ea Anchovy Fillets
2 tbsp Capers
2 tbsp Sliced Black Olives
4 ea Bell Peppers, Sliced into 1/2inch thick strips
Method of Preparation
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large sauté pan, heat the olive oil and garlic over medium heat.
3. Add the pepper and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Cover the pan and cook for 10 minutes more.
5. Arrange the anchovy pieces evenly on the bottom of a 9x13inch baking pan.
6. Transfer half of the pepper to the pan.
7. Sprinkle with capers, olives, salt and half of the bread crumbs.
8. Layer on the remaining peppers and sprinkle with the remaining bread crumbs.
9. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
10. Add oil if the mixture dries out.
11. Allow to cool to room temperature before serving.
Tastes of Italia Magazine, August 2011 Issue