Penne with Tuna and Fennel
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
1 lb Penne, Cooked per package instruction
1 lb Tuna, Cooked, Cubed or Crumbled
6 ea Garlic Cloves, Peeled and Sliced
1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/3 cup Fennel Fronds, Chopped
Juice of 1 Lemon
1 pinch Red Pepper Flakes
Method of Preparation
1. Cook the pasta according to the package instructions, reserving 1/4 cup of pasta cooking water.
2. In a large skillet, combine the olive oil, garlic and red pepper flakes.
3. Cook over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
4. Add the pasta cooking water to the skillet.
5. Add the drained pasta and cook until the water reduces.
6. Stir in the lemon juice and cooked tuna.
7. Remove from the heat and top with the fennel.
8. Serve immediately.
Tastes of Italia Magazine, April 2016 Issue