Penne with Asparagus and Parmesan
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
1 lb Penne Pasta, Cooked
3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tsp Garlic, Minced
1 pint Chicken Stock
1 lb Asparagus, Cut into Pieces
1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, Grated, Divided
1/4 cup Hazelnut Pieces, Chopped, Divided
2 tbsp Basil, Minced
Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper, To Taste
Method of Preparation
1. Combine asparagus with olive oil in a large skillet.
2. Cook for 6 minutes, until lightly browned.
3. Stir in the garlic and cook 2 minutes more.
4. Add the chicken stock.
5. Bring to a boil.
6. Reduce the heat and add the pasta and basil.
7. Allow to simmer for 8 to 10 minutes.
8. Stir in half of the parmesan and half of the hazelnuts.
9. Transfer to a serving bowl.
10. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and nuts.
11. Serve immediately.
Tastes of Italia Magazine, April 2016 Issue