Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
1 lb Dried Penne Pasta
2 ea Garlic Cloves
1 ea Onion, Minced
3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 ea Can Chopped Tomatoes, 20oz
2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
1/4 tsp Dried Oregano
Sea Salt, To Taste
Method of Preparation
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pan and sauté the onion and garlic until it softens.
2. Add the pepper flakes, oregano and tomatoes.
3. Simmer, uncovered, for 8 minutes.
4. Season with salt to taste.
5. Crush the tomatoes into the sauce, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes more.
6. Adjust the seasoning if needed.
7. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the penne.
8. Drain the pasta and add it to the sauce.
9. Toss well together.
10. Serve warm.
Tastes of Italia, Winter in Lombardy, January/February 2016 Issue