Pear, Walnut and Gorgonzola Salad
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
1/2 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tbsp Butter
1 ea Pear, Firm, Sliced
2 1/2 cups Romaine Lettuce, Cut into bite sized pieces
1/2 cup Gorgonzola Cheese
Method of Preparation
1. Combine the vinegar and oil.
2. Toss with the romaine and set aside.
3. Melt the butter in a skillet.
4. Add the pear slices and walnuts.
5. Sauté until the pears are slightly browned.
6. Add the pear slices and walnuts to the romaine mixture.
7. Toss lightly.
8. Top with gorgonzola cheese.
Tastes of Italia Magazine, February 2016 Issue