Peach Almond Granita
4 Minutes Inactive
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
4 cups Water
1 cup Sugar
4 cups Peaches, Peeled and Sliced
1/4 tsp Almond Extract
1 tsp Lemon Juice, Fresh
Method of Preparation
1. In a medium saucepan combine water and sugar.
2. Cook on medium until the sugar dissolves.
3. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. Puree peaches with lemon juice and almost extract.
5. Combine peach puree and syrup.
6. Pour through a strainer to remove the seeds and skins.
7. With the back of a spoon, push the berries through to release all of the juice.
8. Combine the juice with the syrup and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
9. Transfer the mixture to a baking dish.
10. Freeze until the mixture becomes slushy, approximately 60 minutes.
11. Break up the crystals with a fork and continue freezing, breaking up the crystals a second time after 30 minutes.
12. Repeat process for another 30 minutes.
13. Remove and serve.
14. Option garnish of peach slices and Amaretti cookies goes wonderful with this dish!
Tastes of Italia Magazine, August 2011 Issue