Pasta with Tuna and Green Peas
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
1 lb Rigatoni
1 ea 6oz Can of Tuna in Olive Oil, Drained and Crumbled
2 ea Garlic Cloves, Minced
1 ea Onion, Peeled and Sliced Thin
4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 cups Canned Diced Tomatoes, Drained
2 cups Frozen Peas
Pinch of Sugar
Salt, To Taste
Method of Preparation
1. Brown the onion in hot olive oil for 5 minutes.
2. Add the tomatoes, salt and a pinch of sugar.
3. Mix well, cover and cook over low heat for 8 to 10 minutes.
4. Add the peas and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
5. In the meantime, cook the pasta in boiling, salted water.
6. Cook until al dente and drain, reserving some of the cooking liquid.
7. Add the pasta to the green peas and tomato sauce along with the tuna.
8. Stir until all ingredients are mixed well with the pasta.
9. If necessary, add a little of the pasta cooking water.
10. Serve hot.
Tastes of Italia Magazine, October 2009 Issue