Pasta Salad with Gorgonzola and Pancetta
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
1/2 lb Pasta
1/2 lb Pancetta, Cooked, Diced
1/2 pint Heavy Cream
2 tbsp Butter
2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
1/3 lb Gorgonzola
1 ea Red Onion, Chopped Fine
Juice of 1/2 a Lemon
1 ea Parsley Sprig, Chopped Fine, Plus extra For Garnish
Lettuce Leaves or Savory Cabbage Leaves, Washed and Dried, For Plating, Optional
Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Method of Preparation
1. Allow the gorgonzola to reach room temperature.
2. Put it in a bowl and mash it with a fork.
3. Add the lemon juice, mustard and cream.
4. Stir until blended well but still a little lumpy.
5. Add the onion, pancetta and parsley.
6. Combine well.
7. Season to taste with pepper.
8. Cook the pasta until al dente.
9. Drain well and put in a large mixing bowl.
10. Add the butter to coat the pasta.
11. Add half of the gorgonzola mixture, stir well and set aside.
12. Divide the pasta salad among 4 to 6 plates garnished with lettuce leaves.
13. Add extra parsley to the top of each serving.
14. Serve the remaining gorgonzola mixture on the side.
Italian Cooking and Living Magazine, January 2014 Issue