Pasta of the Angels
Serves 4 as a side
All ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market & Cafe.
Angel hair pasta in a Garlic-Herb sauce, served with Parmesan! This recipe can easily be doubled. If you use delicate herbs such as basil or tarragon, toss them in at the end with the Parmesan.
• 1/2 tsp Salt
• 1/2 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
• 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 8 oz Angel Hair Pasta
• 1 tbsp Thyme, Finely Chopped (optional)
• 1/4 cup Fresh Parsley, Finely Chopped
• 3 cloves Garlic, Sliced
• 1/8 tsp Red Pepper Flakes (or more to taste)
• 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, Grated
Method of Preparation
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. (1 tbsp for every 2 quarts of
1. While the water is heating in step 1, heat the olive oil in a small saucepan on medium heat. Add the sliced garlic, chili pepper flakes, finely chopped herbs and chopped parsley to the oil. Cook for one minute or until the parsley has wilted and the garlic is emitting a strong fragrance. Remove from heat.
2. The angel hair pasta will cook in about 2 minutes once it starts, so get everything ready. Once the water is at a rolling boil, add the pasta. Cook at a rolling boil until al dente. Drain the pasta and rinse briefly with cold water, just enough to stop the cooking, but not so much as to make the pasta cold. The pasta should still be quite warm.
3. Place pasta in a large bowl. Pour herbed garlic sauce over the pasta and gently toss to combine. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese and freshly ground black pepper over the pasta and gently toss to combine.