Pasta and Chickpeas
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
8 ea Whole Garlic Cloves, Peeled
1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 tsp Rosemary, Chopped
2 cups Crushed Tomatoes
3 cups Canned Chickpeas, Drained
1 cup Beef Broth
1 lb Dried Maltagliati Pasta or small tubular macaroni
Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Method of Preparation
1. Place the garlic and 1/4 cup olive oil in a large pot.
2. Turn heat to medium and sauté the garlic cloves until they turn a light nut brown, then remove them from the pan.
3. Add rosemary and the crushed tomatoes.
4. Reduce the heat to a gentle simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
5. Add the chickpeas and cook 15 minutes more.
6. Add beef broth, stir and cover the pan.
7. Bring back to a gentle simmer and cook for 15 minutes more.
8. Add salt to taste.
9. Puree in a food processor and then return to the pan.
10. Toss with the cooked, drained pasta.
11. Transfer to a serving bowl, drizzle with remaining olive oil and a liberal amount of pepper.
La Cucina Italiana Magazine, November 2013 Issue