Pan-Roasted Pork Chops with Arugula Salad
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
4 ea Pork Chops, each about 8oz and 3/4 inch thick
3 ea Eggs, Beaten
5 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Divided
1 ea Onion, Thinly Sliced
2 ea Plum Tomatoes, Sliced
1 cup Dried Bread Crumbs
Flour for Dredging
2 ea Lemons, Halved
1 bunch Arugula, Thoroughly Washed and Dried
8 oz Fresh Mozzarella, Cut into Cubes
Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper, To Taste
Method of Preparation
1. Season the pork chops with salt and pepper.
2. Dredge them in the flour, shake off the excess and dip them into the eggs.
3. Dredge the chops in the bread crumbs, making sure to coat well on all sides.
4. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
5. In a large ovenproof skillet, warm 3 tbsp olive oil over medium heat.
6. Add the pork chops.
7. Sauté for 4 minutes, flip and place in the oven.
8. Cook in the oven for 12 minutes.
9. Meanwhile, prepare the salad.
10. In a large bowl, combine the arugula, mozzarella, onion and tomatoes.
11. Add 2 tbsp of olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
12. Place one pork chop on each plate and arrange the salad next to it.
13. Serve with a lemon half on the side of the pork chop to squeeze over the top.
Italian Cooking and Living Magazine, February 2004 Issue