Pan Roasted Fennel with Grana Padano
All ingredients are available in the market!
3 ea Fennel Bulbs, Trimmed, Leaving root end intact
4 tbsp Butter, Unsalted, Cut into small pieces
1 ea Shallot, Sliced
1 1/2 tbsp Parsley, Chopped
1/4 tsp Fine Sea Salt
1 1/2 oz Grana Padano Cheese, Grated (can substitute for Parmigiano-Reggiano)
Method of Preparation
1. Cut the fennel lengthwise into eights.
2. In a wide heavy plot with a lid, place the fennel, butter, shallot, parsley and salt.
3. Cover and cook on medium-low heat for 30 minutes, occasionally turning the fennel.
4. Sprinkle the fennel with cheese and continue cooking, covered for 2-3 minutes.
5. Serve warm and garnished with parsley.
www.lacucinaitalianamag.com La Cucina Italiana Magazine, November 2012 Issue