Orecchiette with Broccoli Rabe Pesto
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
1/2 lb Orecchiette Pasta
1 bunch Broccoli Rabe, Lower Stems Removed
1/2 cups Pistachios, Toasted
1/4 cup Ricotta Cheese
3/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, Grated
Salt, To Taste
Method of Preparation
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
2. Set up a bowl of salted ice water.
3. Cook the broccoli rabe in the boiling water for 2 minutes.
4. Immediately dunk the rabe into the ice water.
5. Drain the rabe and squeeze out any excess water.
6. Roughly chop and place in a food processor.
7. Puree the rabe into a coarse paste.
8. Add the pistachios and parmesan and puree until smooth.
9. Add salt to taste.
10. Add the ricotta and pulse until combined.
11. Add salt to taste.
12. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil (or reuse the rabe blanching water).
13. Cook the pasta until al dente.
14. While the pasta is cooking, place the pesto in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
15. Add about 1 to 1 1/2 cups of the pasta cooking water.
16. When the pasta is ready, drain and add to the skillet with the pesto.
17. Stir to combine and cook until creamy and heated through.
18. Remove from the heat.
19. Drizzle with 1 to 2 tbsp of olive oil if desired.
20. Garnish with additional parmesan cheese.
21. Serve immediately.