Orange Glazed Pork
All ingredients are available in the market!
• 1 ea 4 1/2 lb Pork Loin, Bone-In, Frenched
• 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
• 3 ea Garlic Clove, Peeled
• 1 ea Thyme, Whole Sprig
• 1 ea Rosemary, Whole Sprig
• ¼ cup Orange Marmalade
• Salt and Pepper, To Taste
• Kitchen Twine
Method of Preparation
1. Tie the pork roast between each bone with kitchen twine.
2. Generously season the pork on all sides with salt and pepper.
3. Leave at room temperature for 1 hour.
4. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
5. In a 5 1/2 quart Dutch oven, warm the oil over medium-high heat.
6. Place the pork in the pot, fat side down, and sear for 4 minutes.
7. Turn the pork over and add the thyme, rosemary and garlic to the pot.
8. Transfer the pot to the oven and roast until al thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat, away from the bone, registers at 140 degrees F. About 1 hour.
9. During the last 15 minutes of roasting, baste the pork with the marmalade every 5 minutes.
10. Turn the oven to broil.
11. Broil for about 4 minutes, until the top of the pork is browned and a thermometer registers 145 degrees F.
12. Transfer the pork to a carving board, cover with foil and allow to rest for 20 minutes before carving.