No-Bake Amaretti Cookie Cake
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
1 ea 17oz Package Amaretti Cookies
6 oz Unsweetened Chocolate
2 pints Raspberries
5 tbsp Sugar, Divided
3 tbsp Milk
1/2 cup Dark Rum
Fresh Mint Leaves, For Garnish
Method of Preparation
1. Break the chocolate into pieces and place in a saucepan.
2. Add the milk and 2 tbsp of the sugar.
3. Place over low heat.
4. Stir until smooth, remove from the heat and let cool.
5. Arrange the cookies in a layer on the bottom of a spring-form pan.
6. Sprinkle with some rum and repeat with the rest of the cookies, making layers until there are no more cookies.
7. Place in the refrigerator until set, then unmold.
8. Frost the cake with the chocolate mixture.
9. Place half of the raspberries in a blender; add 3 tbsp of sugar and 1/4 cup of water.
10. Puree until smooth.
11. Add more water if necessary.
12. Strain the raspberry puree.
13. Serve the cake with the raspberry puree and garnished with remaining raspberries and mint.
Italian Cooking and Living Magazine, February 2004 Issue