Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
1 lb Ground Veal
1 lb Ground Lean Sirloin
1/2 lb Ground Pork
3/4 cup Breadcrumbs, Divided
3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 cup Dry Red Wine
2 ea Garlic Cloves, Chopped
3/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano, Grated, Divided
1/4 cup Parsley, Finely Chopped
1/4 cup Basil, Torn into Small Pieces
Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper, To Taste
Method of Preparation
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place the meat in a large mixing bowl.
3. Add the garlic, parsley, basil, 1/4 cup of the breadcrumbs and 1/4 cup of the Parmigiano-Reggiano.
4. Mix well.
5. Roll the meat into balls, approximately 3 inches in diameter.
6. Place them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
7. Mix the remaining breadcrumbs with the remaining cheese and sprinkle well over the meatballs.
8. Place the meatballs in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
9. Remove from the heat and drain on paper towels.
10. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
11. Serve warm.
Tastes of Italia Magazine, February 2016 Issue