Mustard and Mascarpone Chicken Marsala
All ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market & Cafe
• 1 1/2 lb Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast Fillets
• 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 5 tbsp Butter, Unsalted
• 3 ea Garlic Cloves, Minced
• 1 ea Large Onion, Chopped
• 1 lb Cremini Mushrooms, Trimmed and Sliced
• 1 cup Dry Marsala Wine (We recommend Florio)
• 1 cup (8oz) Mascarpone Cheese (We recommend Galbani)
• 2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
• 2 tbsp Flat-Leaf Parsley, Chopped (Extra for Garnish)
• 12 oz Dried Fettucine
• Salt and Pepper, To Taste
Method of Preparation
1. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
2. In a large skillet, heat the oil over high heat.
3. Add the chicken and cook until gold brown, 4 minutes per side.
4. Set chicken aside to cool.
5. In the same skillet, melt 2 tbsp butter over medium-high heat.
6. Add the onion and sauté for 2minutes.
7. Add the mushroom and garlic.
8. Sauté for 12 minutes, until the mushroom are tender and juices evaporate.
9. Add the wine and simmer until reduced by half, 4 minutes.
10. Stir in the mascarpone and mustard.
11. Cut the chicken breast crosswise into 1/3 in thick slices.
12. Return the chicken to the skillet.
13. Simmer uncovered on medium-low heat for 2 minutes.
14. Stir in 1 tbsp of parsley and season the sauce with salt and pepper.
15. Bring a large pot of water to boil.
16. Add the fettucine and salt, cook for 8 minutes.
18. Toss the fettucine with the remaining 3 tbsp of butter, 1 tbsp of parsley and season with salt and pepper.
19. Mound the fettucine on plates using tongs.
20. Spoon the chicken mixture over the pasta and garnish with additional parsley.
The Magazine of La Cucina Italiana