Monkfish with Mushrooms and Potatoes
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Divided
1 lb Monkfish Fillets, Skinless, Cut into 1inch slices
4 oz Cremini Mushrooms, Cleaned and Stems Removed
2 ea Idaho Potatoes, Peeled and Cut into Cubes
3 tbsp Dry White Wine
1 tbsp Butter
1 tsp Thyme, Chopped
Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper, To Taste
Method of Preparation
1. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 2 tbsp olive oil.
2. Add the potatoes and sauté for 5 minutes.
3. Thinly slice the mushrooms and add them to the skillet.
4. Sauté for 5 minutes more.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Stir in the thyme.
7. In another skillet, melt the butter with the remaining olive oil.
8. Add the monkfish and sauté until lightly browned.
9. Transfer the fish to the skillet with the potatoes and mushrooms.
10. Add the wine.
11. Bring to a simmer, adjust the season to taste and allow to cook 5 minutes more.
12. Serve warm.
Italian Cooking and Living Magazine, February 2004 Issue